12 December 2012

Decorating the Christmas Tree

As a kid my family would decorate the tree on Christmas eve. However now that I have a family of my own we decorate the tree already around the first of December. We really  enjoy looking at the sparkling tree each night :-)
 
One of the most treasured traditions we have are the "12 Days of Christmas" ornaments.
 
We sing the song as we put them up. Martin even jumps when it comes to the "lords are leaping" part! You would think that we know the song by heart by now. But around the 8th day of Christmas we have to look for the ornaments to help us out!
 
 
Another tradition is that Pasha gets to put the Angel on the tree.

 
We have lots of handmade ornaments on our tree! It makes us so happy to recount each and every memory! They remind us of people that we had the pleasure of knowing, people and pets who have passed on and are very much missed or places we've been...

 
Decorating the Christmas tree makes us go crazy! :-)

 
And yes, Pasha insists on the yearly photo with Jake in front of the tree. I swear I didn't force her to do it!!! LOL

 
Is your Christmas tree up yet?
 
Take care,
Me


1 comment:

  1. I love my family, and I love our traditions. All due to my lovely wife. Thanks for making x-mas something this nice. It truly is the souls summer in December.

    ReplyDelete