19 December 2012

Christmas Wrapping Paper Gone Missing!

My sister is going to drop off our Christmas packages to our family up north. She is leaving in an hour! No sweat... I have all the gift cards, money and candy ready. 


All I have to do is wrap it up...

So I walk to the bin that stores all our gift wrapping paper and notice that I am all out of Christmas wrapping! 

Oh no... I am just a tad panicking now... the clock is ticking!

But fabric stash to the rescue! I remembered that I had some Santa Claus fabric somewhere... that should work... nope, not enough for three gift bags... but I do find some mottled red fabric as well! So I cut out some Santas and appliquéd them on one of the side pieces of each bag... sewed up the side and made the string tunnel... found some green ribbon to made the draw string... and voila: 


Three easy gift wrapping bags!

All in all 30 minutes. Not too bad and they look nice. But I didn't finish the seams on the inside. It doesn't really matter anyway since my nephew and two nieces don't really care about the wrapping but what's inside :-)

Take care,
Me

P.S. I have to put a reminder on my to-do list to purchase some wrapping paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment